1. Where can I buy BT products?
2. In which countries can we get BT products?
3. How long will any of the wines remain in good condition if the bottle is closed?
BT wines are aged for very long in Wood so in the bottle will age naturally. However, if the bottles are kept for too long or not with proper conditions the wines could become cloudy. This fact will not affect the aromas or taste, but since they are not being chill filtered this cloudiness could happen. You could filter them through a piece of cloth and reduce the cloudiness, or simply wait once poured in the glass until the wine rests and the deposits fall down.
4. How long will any of these wines remain in good drinking condition once the bottle is opened?
Once the bottle is opened the wines should remain in perfect shape for at least eight to twelve months. Fino might last a little less, but keeping the bottles up right, in a dry dark and cool place will help preserve the wines very much like the bottle is recently opened.
5. What is the solera system?
The solera system is unique to sherry wines. With this ageing method all vintages are blended in specific order to obtain standardized quality and age keeping a minimum of three years of age when the youngest wines are bottled. The wines for bottling are drawn out from the solera –which is the line of barrels closer to the floor- but these barrels are not emptied for bottling, only a maximum of one third of the wine kept in these barrels is bottled. The space left empty is refilled with wine from the barrels which are placed just above the solera barrels, which is klnown as 1st “criadera” or nursery, and the space emptied from these casks is refilled with wine located on the line of barrels above, which is known as 2nd nursery or criadera. The youngest wines are incorporated to the system filling the space emptied from the 2nd nursery, which are known as “sobretablas” and are already six to eight months old.
6. Do the wines change from one year to the next?
Although the solera system is dynamic the changes on the wine should be difficult to get from one year to the next. This system provides wines with constant aromatic and tasting qualities, creating one unique style for each type of wine.
7. Do vintage sherries exist?
Yes but these wines are extremely rare. In BT we have a collection of vintage sherry from 1970, 1975, 1991 and 1998 which are occasionally bottled and on demand.
8. Are sherry wines always sweet?
No. Wines coming from palomino fino grape are naturally dry, and the ones coming from Pedro ximenez, moscatel or tintilla are sweet. The sweet sherries coming from palomino fino have been blended with some of the other styles.
9. Is there any fino bottled by BT?
BT is the only one winery which is being fully dedicated exclusivelly to the qualified wines with máximum age seals, VOS and VORS. However we started bottling fino sherry in 2013, but is not common fino as it is very mature, with an average age of 10 to 12 years old, bottled at 15% alc/volt o preserve the fino character, because even though the wine is old for this style is aged under flor yeast until is bottled.
10. Is the winery open for visits?
The winery is open for visits as well as the art gallery which is housed permanently in BT. The winery is opened from Monday to Friday from 9:00 AM to 5:00PM and Saturday from 10:00 AM to 2:00PM.
11. Are the wines available at the winery?
Yes all of our products can be purchased at the winery. We accept all major credit cards.
12. Does BT have online shop?
13. How do we get the wines delivered?
We generally use worldwide Courier services, either with UPS, DHL or Fedex.
14. How long it takes to deliver?
It depends on the destination but generally delivery time is not less tan 3 days but not more than 7.
15. Are any tasting courses available?
Occasionally we offer to our club members tasting course. Please link to our web site and sign up for updates and offers.
1. What is BT art collection?
In BT there is an art gallery with paintings from spanish masters from the 14th to the 20th centuries. It is one of the most relevant private art collections from Spain.
2. Where is the collection based?
The art collection is shown permanently in BT.
3. Is it possible to visit?
Both the winery and the art gallery are open for visitors from Monday to Friday from 9:00 AM to 5:00PM and Saturday from 10:00 AM to 2:00PM.
4. How long it takes to visit?
Approximately two hours.
5. Do we have to book in advance?
We do recommend to book in advance as our guided tours are personalized.
6. May I book through the web, pone or e-mail?
7. In which languages is the tour offered?
Guided tours are available in Spanish, English, German, French and Italian.
8. How much it costs and how do we pay?
The ticket cost per person is 30€ VAT inclusive for a regular tour but there are different options. The tickets can be purchased at the winery and pay by cash or major credit cards.
9. How many paintings are shown in the art gallery?
At present there are approximately 60 master paintings shown.
10. How many paintings belong to the collection?
Approximately 350 paintings from all masters from Goya, to Murillo or Velazquez among others.
11. Are always the same paintings shown at the winery?
Not always. There are changes, but not very often, depending on many different factors.
12. How often the paintings rotate?
Around twice per year.
13. Is there a program of activities around art available?
Yes there are activities related to art and the collection. In order to be updated on these activities we recommend you to sign up on the Club so you will receive updates on all activities programmed.
14. How can we get information on these activities?
All information can be obtained through the web page or by signing up on the Club.
15. Is any catalog about the art collection available?